There are several important elements of under-fluxed welding as follows:
- welding current
- Welding voltage
- Welding speed
- The width and thickness of the flux layer covering the weld line.
- Adjusting the welding wire position and so on.
- Length of welding wire that extends
Note : Read more about welding knowledge and find more welding equipments at : https://www.udo.co.th/
There must be a welding clamp with a shield that prevents flux from flowing out of the weld. And some joints require backing (Backing) can be welded in the open air with strong winds. Due to the use of flux beads to cover the welding line While welding, a welding mask is not required because the arcing occurs under the flux. Therefore, there is no external arc light and no metal grains will occur in the welding work. The arc welding under the flux is very intense. Therefore, the arc light cannot be seen visually, therefore, in welding, care must be taken to avoid arcing when there is no flux covering it. Small welding 0.455 -5/64 inch for semi-automatic welding equipment. If using a large and strong welding wire, the welding process will be difficult and the weld line will not be good enough. Semi-automatic under-flux welding is generally used for 5/64″ to 3/32″ wire, but if the wire is smaller than 5/64″, it will provide a consistent and ideal arc. Welding Pre Fused Fluxes are fluxes produced by combining various ingredients. The flux was mixed in dry conditions. and then melted with an electric furnace at a temperature between 1482-1704 °C.
The appearance of the seam assembly affects the quality. Strength and weld characteristics
Submerged Arc Welding is a welding process of various types of metals. There are many advantages that can be summarized as follows:
- While performing welding work, do not use a mask. Because the light from the arc under the flux makes it invisible. and no metal splashes
- The weld line has a high melting depth. multi-line connection For thick workpieces, the deformation effect of the workpiece is minimal.
- Provide power, welding speed and high welding fill rate Suitable for thick sheet metal welding and masking work.
- The workpiece does not need to cut the traces to be very deep. to save wire Because welding under the flux will give a very high melting depth. The thickness of the metal from No. 16 to ½ inch thickness does not need to be cut.
- Consistently perfect weld shape High quality and efficiency of welds Can test with X-Ray method well.
The main devices used for under-flux welding are as follows.
- welding machine
- wire feeding systems
- Welding head (Torch)
- Flux Hopper
Assembling and fixing joints
Before welding, the workpiece must be firmly fixed. Which can be done in several ways, including Bonding and jigs for large and heavy workpieces will help fix the job by default.